Taking Headshots for a Theatre Profile
My daughter recently asked to adopt headshot photos of her so she could apply for a lead role at the local theatre company. Needless to say I obliged, and after ensuring that my camera battery was fully charged using https://www.amazon.com/STK-Olympus-BLN-1-Charger/dp/B01J4X8866, I set about setting up a makeshift studio from the garage. This is the straightforward part. I had the entranceway closed, so I is at total control of the lighting.
Secondly, I put in place my backdrop, my lighting, along with a stool on her behalf to stay on. Photographing people is just not my interest or forte, however I needed to aid my daughter. So, with my camera setup a reliable distance away on its tripod, zoom lens to increase depth of field, we set about taking some pictures. I was expecting it to adopt maybe one hour. 1 hour. If only. Every shot I took wasn’t adequate. Neither people were happy, there was some I liked, but she didn’t, some she liked having said that i didn’t, we just couldn’t obtain it right or perhaps agreement between us. That’s the trouble with two fussy people. I tried changing the lighting, changing the angle I used to be shooting from, nothing really made her image stand out. So over to the net I go, as well as to get advice coming from a friend that does this to get a living. The one simple suggestion she made, made a significant difference… How I had my daughter put in place was her sitting on a stool, sitting upright.
My friend informed me that instantly, we will be fighting a losing battle. How right she was! The suggestion she made was simple, I can’t believe I didn’t think of it myself. Her suggestion was this… As an alternative to sitting her upright inside a stool, seeking to force an uncomfortable and unnatural position and pose, support the stool and merely lean dexnpky67 it. The final image would be a headshot, so that we won’t be seeing any area of her body, or the angle it is at. But exactly what a difference it made. Immediately, she felt more comfortable. Immediately, she felt more natural, along with the next number of shots came out a pleasure.
So yes, the shoot should have taken way below one hour, rather than the four it did take. When we finally agreed about the shot, I cropped it a bit, did some post processing and we shot away and off to the neighborhood Walgreens to obtain it printed out (she had left everything til the past minute, so Walgreens was our only option during this period). It would have to be on 8 x 10 which is fine, however, when the norm is to simply staple the photo to her resume, it appears a little poor. But that’s the way that they want it. Anyway, she was happy, I used to be relieved and she traveled to her audition these day. Day or two later she was recalled for a further audition. These week she was offered the lead. It had been all worth it. Because of my trusty camera, a little bit of expert help, and a fully charged battery thanks to a BLN-1 Charger, everything ended up being fine.
Categories: Home Based Business